Tuesday, May 20, 2008

TELL THEM THE STORIES OF JESUS

I was in awe when I experienced a commissioning service years ago for a dear couple on their way to a foreign mission field. The solemnity of the ceremony was a testament to the couple's wholehearted devotion to serve the Most High God by going where He was sending them, without regard to what it would cost them.

As moms, we have been commissioned. And that is a solemn thought. If we have seen God work in our own lives and hearts, we have been called to go and tell. But we don't have to go far. Our mission field is in our own homes.

Psalm 77: 11-12 says, I will remember the Lord's works; I will reflect on all You have done and meditate on Your actions.

But it is not enough to be mindful of the Lord's works. We must let them be known.

We must not hide them from [our] children, but must tell a future generation the praises of the Lord, His might, and the wonderful works He has performed...so that a future generation - children yet to be born - might know (Psalm 78:4,6).

The Lord has anointed us to go where no one else on the face of the earth has the ability or authority to go...in the place in a child's heart reserved for his or her own mother. That is our mission field. Feel the Lord's hand as He places it on your head, commissioning you to "tell a future generation." What an adventure.

No comments: